Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

15 May 2009

The Famous


Last night Pat took me out for dinner at the Famous to celebrate our anniversary. (Okay, our anniversary was in March, but we just now got the chance to celebrate it.) The Famous is a swanky steakhouse downtown, one of those places where ordinary mortals only go on special occasions because it's heart-stoppingly expensive. The food is delicious and the service is wonderful.

We only dine extravagantly like this about once or twice a year, so when we do it's a big deal. We get dressed up: a little black dress, red lipstick, Chanel No. 5; Pat shines his shoes. Yet I am always shocked when we look around us in a place like the Famous and see people dressed in shorts and flip-flops! Listen, if you're going to drop $100+ on a couple of steaks and diet Pepsi (and that's not including tip!), you might as well dress up for it! I guess there is only one bastion left in town where you literally have to get dressed up or they won't let you in the door: Charles Court at the Broadmoor. I'd probably faint at the prices though, so we'll have to wait for our 50th anniversary to eat there. By then maybe I'll have saved up enough money to afford it ;o)

On our way back to the car, Pat pointed out this extremely cool view looking southward down the alley behind the Famous. Another cool shot suggested by Pat!

Happy anniversary honey, I love you.

1 comment:

Chloe m said...

Sounds fun! Happy late anniversary!