Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

09 June 2009

Feed the hungry


I was down by my friend Walt's house today, returning a camera and lens that I borrowed over the weekend (that actually belong to another friend of ours). All told, the two pieces of equipment I had in my hands had a value of about $5,000. After shooting a wedding with it and seeing the results I got, I was absolutely PINING to own this camera and lens. I mean, equipment lust to the extreme. That is, until I pulled up in front of Walt's house and noticed that the Salvation Army mobile kitchen was across the street, and there was a long queue of homeless waiting to receive a hot meal.

That kind of put things into perspective for me. Maybe I can live without the new camera for now.

4 comments:

Lois said...

Nothing like a jolt of reality!

Anonymous said...

That's a side of Colorado Springs people don't see. I guess it has the same problems that every city has, only in a prettier setting.

Charlotte Geary said...

Great post, Tamera. It's easy to forget how fortunate we are. Thanks for the reminder.

Clytie said...

How fortunate we are, yes. Whatever walk of life we are coming from, there appears the kindness of others. Not strangers now, friends.