Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

22 August 2009

The Masters National Cycling Championships


The Masters National Championships are going on at the velodrome this weekend. How exciting! I've never been to a cycling event before, I've only watched them on TV, and let me tell you it's very exhilarating. Our 7-11 Velodrome is one of the fastest tracks in the world (I've heard it's actually the second fastest), and these cyclists are so incredibly focused and dedicated. And fast! The races we witnessed on Thursday night were for "senior" cyclists, meaning the competitors were in their 30's, 40's, 50's and upward. There were even athletes in their 70's, including a guy from the 1952 Olympic cycling team!

The above photo was taken during the cool-down lap after a race. The lady waving her hand in the middle looks so happy because she has just won. And boy was she impressive!

3 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

A fine sports photo. Any idea who they are?

Anonymous said...

The lady waving is my wife Julie Nevitt riding for SJBC. She won every sprint and it was her second win in as many years.

Tamera said...

Congrats Julie! I'm so impressed, she was awesome! (They ALL were.) Tamera