Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

27 December 2009

One for the road


On Christmas Eve, my brother Chuck and I had lunch with my mom at the Broadmoor. They have many restaurants at the resort; we chose the Tavern. We decided to take a walk around the resort afterward. There's a hallway alongside the Tavern that houses literally hundreds and hundreds of empty wine bottles along its walls, some of them dating to the early 1900s and beyond. I've always just walked through that hallway without stopping to peruse the bottles, but this time we took a good look. Chuck and I came across this one, and since it was autographed it caught our attention. As we peered at it, a Broadmoor employee walked by and took a moment to explain to us what we were looking at: the last bottle of wine drank by George W. Bush, who is now famously clean and sober. It was signed and dated March 16th, 1989. According the employee, Mr. Bush threw up in the pool that night and never drank alcohol again. It sure was nice of him to autograph his bottle to commemorate such an auspicious occasion (and it looks like he had good taste too).

No comments: