Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

03 January 2010

Happy New Year!


I hope everyone had a great New Year's celebration! As for Pat and me, we decided at the last minute to drive to Grand Lake (about 175 miles away) for the fireworks show at midnight. We left the house at 8:45PM and miraculously made it in time for the grand finale! This was no small feat, considering we had to drive over a mountain pass in the dark. There was snow all around but the roads were pretty clear and there was a very bright full moon to help us. It illuminated everything to a degree we had never experienced before -- I've never driven through the mountains at night and been able to see the tops of the peaks like we did on New Year's Eve, and it was breathtaking. As we made our way through miles and miles of moonlit fir, pine and spruce, all laden with snow, it felt as if we were in a magical forest with no one else around.

We took this picture with a little point and shoot camera on the shores of the frozen lake at exactly 12:47am. It was just three degrees out there, brrrrr!

Happy New Year everyone! May it be healthy, happy and prosperous!

Tamera

3 comments:

Clytie said...

Love your description of your adventure. I wish I'd been there to see it with you.

Lois said...

I like this picture. Happy New Year Tamera!

Tamera said...

I just realized I look preggo in this picture, ha! Honestly, I'm not. I was just smoothing down my coat when the shutter went off. Happy New Year everyone! :o)