Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

29 July 2010

The Albany


The Albany Hotel, on Tejon Street, is a Colorado Springs institution. It's been there as long as I can remember. This is what you would call a residential hotel -- people rent rooms by the week or month, and for the most part its residents are somewhat marginalized. The building is probably over a hundred years old by now. I've only ever been in it once, years ago, and for the life of me I can't remember why I was in there, but I do vaguely remember a long hallway with lots of doors leading off of it.

This eagle sculpture has adorned the facade over the Albany's entrance for the last few years. Earlier tonight Pat and I walked under it, and Pat suggested that I get a picture. I like it. Very dramatic!

4 comments:

Hilda said...

Impressive shot, scary eagle!

Lois said...

Very nice sculpture! He looks like he is coming right at you.

Louis la Vache said...

Dramatic, indeed!
Ironically, «Louis» et Mme la Vache live in Albany - CA, that is...
;-D

Clytie said...

I love the angle! I don't ever remember going to The Albany when I was in Colorado Springs. I do remember hearing about it though!