Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

26 July 2010

Bus loading zone


The other day I helped my friend Angie drop her son Teddy (or Ted, as he must now be called) at the bus station to go to St. Louis. It was Ted's first solo trip by bus. At 15, this is a big adventure for him! Of course Angie was anxiously pestering him about every detail: "Did you bring your phone? Did you pack enough socks? Where's your ticket?" I found it comical and touching all at once, and of course Teddy -- ahem, Ted -- was trying to act nonchalant, but I think deep down he was a little nervous. By now he's reached his destination, and before long he'll be on another Greyhound heading home. He'll look back on this trip fondly some day :o)

3 comments:

Clytie said...

Ah yes, the trauma of a parent sending off their kids for the first time alone. I remember the first time like it was yesterday - my kids were 7 and flying from Denver to Portland (OR) by themselves. How many times did I ask those same questions? Probably about a million!!!

Lois said...

Wait until he gets his driver's license. That's when the fun begins!

Anonymous said...

You have a very nice blog, I enjoyed reading your newspaper interesting and mostly decorated with beautiful pictures! I will return to you with pleasure...
Bye Mahon
http://redcat-albumart-som.blogspot.com