Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

26 August 2010

A "unique retail concept"


Suppose you're in dire need of a vacuum cleaner belt, and at the same time you're shopping for a suit of armor for that special someone. Or perhaps the latest Dyson model has tickled your fancy, and your husband is needing a longsword to complete his collection of medieval weaponry. Well it's one-stop shopping at Vacuums and Dragons on North Academy Boulevard! That's right: vacuums and dragons. Huh?

The first time I drove by it I thought I was seeing things. Then last week I was getting my eyebrows waxed at my favorite salon's new location, and I noticed the sign again. I had to get a picture. I did a little research, and I assure you that
you can take this store's name quite literally; they really do sell and service vacuum cleaners, while at the same time they're fully stocked with goodies for the Dungeons and Dragons/World of Warcraft set. Wow! As far as I know, it's got to be the only place on the planet where you can buy a HEPA filter and a claymore at the same time. I love it!

1 comment:

Clytie said...

How absolutely wonderful! I'm so glad you found this sign - it's awesome.