Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

20 June 2011

An indecent proposal


Yesterday I went in to my studio to get some work done (Sundays are so quiet, it helps me to get caught up). Sometime during the late afternoon I took a peek out the window to see what the weather was doing, and I spied this note on my car, pinned under the windshield wiper. Huh? "Debra? Will you marry me sweetie? XOXO" -- what on earth?!? I must admit that it was an alarming thing to find on my car! My first thought was, of course, oh no, somebody got the wrong car!, quickly followed by what the heck do I do with this piece of paper? After all, if it's legitimate, it's important that it get to the right person.

Sigh. Why does this weird stuff always happen to me? What an awkward position for me to be in! If I throw it away, does that make me a bad person? I feel compelled to find this Debra person and deliver the note to her! On the other hand... this is a little fishy for several reasons:

1) If a person is in love enough to want to spend the rest of his life with someone, presumably he'd be able to identify her car.
2) Who the heck proposes on a note stuck to a windshield? Seriously?!?
3) The writing looks suspiciously female -- not that it's so unusual that a female would want to marry another female, but women are usually more sensitive and romantic than to just leave a note on their beloved's car!

So what do you think? Should I throw it away with no guilt? Should I try and find this Debra? Do you suppose the whole thing was a lark?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would post it in your shop Window/Door. Let Debra find you. Hehe

Anonymous said...

Why is there a question mark after the name?

Randy said...

I would send your photo to the local paper with the title "I am not Debra!" Tell your story and let's see what happens.

Anonymous said...

It's written in a female hand. two BFFs goofing around is all.

Lois said...

It does make a good blog picture!

Rachel said...

Oh, a juicy mystery. I love it! I think that all of your deductions are wise. This is probably a joke by someone who thought that they recognized a long lost friend's car. You have a photo of the note so there is no reason to save it. Thanks for sharing this bizarre episode in your life. Fun!