Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

05 June 2011

Rocky Top Resources


This is the bed of Pat's truck receiving a quarter ton of topsoil! We've been doing massive amounts of yardwork and gardening lately, trying to make up for a couple of years of neglect. Pat took it upon himself to till up almost all of the grass in our backyard (and our backyard is HUGE), then dress it with new topsoil and plant new grass seeds. This explains the trip to Rocky Top Resources for the above-pictured load. Actually it was way more than one trip! Pat discovered Rocky Top a couple of years ago and they're great. If you have yard waste you need to get rid of, like tree branches, piles of leaves, garden debris, etc, Rocky Top will take it off your hands for a very reasonable fee. If you do it on a Saturday they'll accept a can of food for payment, and it goes to Care and Share. I love that. They also sell topsoil, mulch, rock, stone... all the stuff that you need for your yard.

I for one can't wait for all this yardwork to be finished. Pat did the lion's share of the heavy work, and I did a lot of planting these last few days, including a vegetable garden that is going to be bursting with produce in a couple of months! Only one more garden to clean up and replant, and we can sit back and watch the grass grow.

No comments: