Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

22 January 2012

I'm back!


I know, I know, I've been pretty lax about blogging since the turn of the new year. I actually didn't have any great pictures to show you, and no time to go out and shoot any. But don't despair, I've just come home from five days in the wonderfully photogenic New Orleans! It was my first trip there and I had a blast. I was actually there for a big photography convention that I attend every January; this year's just happened to be in NOLA and I was very excited about that. I stayed right in the middle of the French Quarter, and although I didn't have a lot of time to wander around and photograph the city the way I would have liked, I did manage to get a few good snapshots that I'll be sharing with you here over the next few days.

Let's start with this one of
Denver International Airport, taken while I was waiting for my connecting flight to New Orleans. DIA has a very unique architectural style. You can see that the roof is actually formed in peaks, to mimic the snow-capped mountain ranges of Colorado. It's also an incredibly enormous facility, at 53 square miles (I'm assuming that includes the runways). I can tell you that to get from Point A to Point B at DIA often involves taking a subway. It's huge! You can find all kinds of fun facts about the airport HERE.

I think that DIA is probably the coolest airport I've ever been in, and I've been in a lot of airports. You should travel through and check it out sometime!

5 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

i've not made it to new orleans yet but it's on my list! looking forward to the photo tour!

Randy said...

I can't wait to see the photos you captured. I like the roof.

Santo Caridine said...

The roofs of Denver Int'l Airport are so eye-catching! At first glance, I thought the mountains were so close to the airport facility. I want to take picture of the airport when I get there again too. My last visit was in 2002.

Sierra Nordgren said...

Those roofs are like giant beach umbrellas put together. Hehe. Anyhow, the airport terminal roofs are made of Teflon coated fiberglass material. This material can be carved into different styles without difficulty. No wonder, it looks amazingly like that.

Alison Mckenzie said...

I can’t express how much I love architecture that mimics the wonders of nature. The roofs of Denver International Airport are such wonderful tribute to the mountains in Colorado. I like how it’s not really an obvious callback/shout-out, but more of a stylized version of the range instead. The thing about these conical shapes is that they’re not just aesthetically pleasing, but they also make for great temperature regulation and air circulation inside the facility.