Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

18 October 2012

Golden aspens


Pat and I took a little day trip to Rocky Mountain National Park a couple of weeks ago. There were tons of elk everywhere, and tons of shutterbugs following the elk around and documenting their every move. This proved to be a little boring for me after I captured the trophy shot I was hoping for (see yesterday's post) -- I knew I wasn't going to top it! And besides, I hate getting the same picture as everyone else.  As we stood at the side of the road with dozens of camera-wielding tourists snapping away at yet another herd of elk, Pat turned around and spotted this incredible grove of aspen trees in full fall color just a few yards away, and everyone was so focused on the elk that they didn't even notice it. So we abandoned our elk hunt and went aspen hunting instead. It was that perfect time of day when the sunlight comes slanting through the trees and makes long, dramatic shadows. Gorgeous.

3 comments:

Adventures of Alex and Emily said...

Beautiful! I would like a blanket to sit on, a cup of hot tea, and a really good book. And some floo powder to transport myself to that spot in the grass stat.

Randy said...

I love the way the light makes the leaves glow.

b.c. said...

such a beautiful spot, its wonderful