Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

08 November 2012

BBC broadcasting from Colorado Springs


Pat and I went to the Olive Branch to celebrate voting on Tuesday (hey, we need very little by way of excuse to dine there!), and we noticed this large and impressive vehicle parked in front of the Ritz, a restaurant/bar on Tejon Street. Pat works in TV news so he recognized it immediately as a satellite truck, and since he works in TV news he was also able to inform me that the BBC was broadcasting from Colorado Springs this week, and that must be their truck. He was right. I asked the guy in the black jeans, who by the way does not get any points for being friendly or polite, and he confirmed that they were with the BBC and that they were, in fact, broadcasting from the Ritz. As it turns out, some senator or other was hunkered down in the Ritz awaiting election returns, and the BBC must have hitched their wagon to that particular race as a newsworthy event.

I spent all of Tuesday afternoon and evening nervously glued to the news watching the election unfold, but never remembered to check out the BBC, so I didn't get to see Colorado Springs' star turn. Oh well. I hope we looked good on TV!

1 comment:

Randy said...

I love the BBC.