Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

01 December 2012

Lubbock or leave it


One last post from my recent Texas trip. On our way home we stopped in Lubbock, Texas, home of Buddy Holley and many other influential musicians. This is the roofline of the Buddy Holley Center on Crickets Avenue (in case you didn't know this, "the Crickets" was the name of his band -- the next street over is Buddy Holley Avenue). It's a beautiful old building. I can't remember what the placard said its original purpose was, but I'm glad it's been restored and put to use as a museum.  Doesn't it look grand with that bright blue sky above it?

Below, a photo of the larger than life Buddy Holley statue across the street at the Buddy Holley Plaza. It's a fitting homage to a great rock and roll trailblazer who died far too young.  RIP Buddy Holley, your music lives on!  Not fade away, indeed.



3 comments:

Adventures of Alex and Emily said...

Buddy Holly died in a plane crash not far from the house I grew up in! There is a shrine to him in that spot!

Clytie said...

I love that old building too - how wonderful to know it has been restored and is used as a museum!

RIP Buddy Holly!

Randy said...

Both shots are wonderful. I love how blue the sky is in that first shot.