Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

01 January 2013

Hello 2013!


Happy New Year! It's customary for City Daily Photo bloggers to post their favorite photo of the previous year on January 1st. I generally can never narrow it down to just one shot, and this year is no different.

The photo above is the only one of my 2012 favorites that was not actually taken in Colorado Springs. I captured this gorgeous elk in Rocky Mountain National Park, just outside of Estes Park, and the photo appeared on my blog on October 17th. I chose it as a favorite not because it's a stronger photo than the other candidates, but for my memory of the visceral rush I felt at the moment took the picture and knew I had gotten an amazing image (well, amazing for me, anyway). I really don't do wildlife photography, so being able to capture this was so exciting -- it's like the elk was posing for me! For just a few moments I felt like a National Geographic photographer.

Below, a few more favorites from 2012, chosen for either visual or emotional content, in chronogical order of how they appeared on the blog throughout the year.

To see other "Photo of the Year" posts by CDP bloggers worldwide, follow this link:  http://ackworthborn.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/cdpb-photo-of-year-2012.html 


A downtown landmark, the façade of the old Antlers Garage, featured on January 12th.


A graphically striking sign and its equally striking shadow on the west side of the city, featured on February 7th.


The Pioneers Museum by night, featured on February 20th.


Another image from my Colorado Springs by Night series: some industrial buildings off of Garden of the Gods Road, featured on February 25th.

 
Pikes Peak at sunset captured from east of town, featured on May 6th.
 

The so-called "super moon" rising over the city skyline, featured on May 7th.


Grateful westsiders rush forward to thank Waldo Canyon Fire hotshot firefighters as they make their way to camp for the evening, featured on July 7th.


A competitor at the Rocky Mountain Rampage World Cup Skating Competition at Memorial Park, featured on August 27th.

8 comments:

Randy said...

Love that first shot. Happy New Year.

Adventures of Alex and Emily said...

Amazing photographs! Happy 2013!

Janet said...

You certainly chose a winner! That first photo is fantastic!

Hilda said...

I can understand why you love that first photo—magnificent creature! Love the colorful skateboarder too. And you should have included the squirrel in the colorful thrift shop bowl! :)

Wishing you and your loved ones a year full of blessings. Have a great year, Tamera!

Unknown said...

They are all wonderful - I especially love the one of the skateboarder. I can see why you chose the elk, though.

Happy new year!

Buck said...

The ARE all wonderful, but that elk... I think the best photos are the ones that recall a strong memory. I'm glad you got that moment and decided to share it. Happy 2013!

b.c. said...

absolutely fantastic, love your collection from 2012, here's to a happy 2013!

Tamera said...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! Happy New Year to all of you! I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for us :^)