Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

01 February 2013

February theme day: umbrellas


Ah yes, it's already February! The first of every month is Theme Day for City Daily Photo bloggers, and this month's theme is umbrellas. Alas, I was under the mistaken impression that the theme was going to be café chairs, so I was not prepared for umbrellas! Rather ironically, we spent all of last week enjoying the wonders of Costa Rica, including spending vast quantities of time on the beach where there are umbrellas galore. But instead of taking pictures of the colorful beach umbrellas, I took pictures of café chairs! I even had the perfect café chairs photo all picked out for theme day -- too bad! Ha ha!

So yesterday Pat and I went in search of umbrellas in Colorado Springs, but it was pretty slim pickings. What I had in mind was THIS little boutique in Manitou, which I featured for Theme Day in August 2010. If you click on the link you'll see that there are four beautiful umbrellas over their storefront. But I was sad to see that the umbrellas weren't there, oh no! So we wandered around Manitou and encountered exactly what I expected to see: empty patios with folded up umbrellas. This time of year is cold, no one wants to dine al fresco, and the umbrellas are all wrapped up for the winter. And as for rain umbrellas, forget it! There's no rain here in January, only snow. And not a lot of rain during the rest of the year either!

I hope you enjoyed this sad picture of folded up umbrellas ;^) To see more Theme Day pictures by CDP bloggers all over the world (hopefully better ones than mine), just click HERE!

5 comments:

B i r g i t t a said...

Umbrellas down in rain and up when sunshine ;) a good one!

Randy said...

Nice choice for theme day.

Susie of Arabia said...

They look a bit like rockets blasting off!

LONDONLULU said...

I don't see them folded up like this very often. Perfect for theme day.

Tanya Breese said...

it won't be long before they are opened and people seated at the tables enjoying the sunshine!