Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

21 February 2013

This Old House


This abandoned house sits next to the Drennan School way out in the county (see yesterday's post). I wonder who lived in it and if they were affiliated with the school.  I know it's a fact of life that buildings sometimes get abandoned, but still it makes me sad to see old homes in this condition.

9 comments:

Randy said...

Probably the principles house.

Adventures of Alex and Emily said...

Beautiful B&W photo, Tamera!

Stefan Jansson said...

Whenever I visit abandoned places I think about who lived here and what happened to them.

beatrice De said...

Hello from Switzerland, where we have as in your country, beautiful mountains.

Hello from Lausanne.

Tamera said...

Hello Beatrice! I visited your gorgeous country a year ago! Yes, you have incredibly beautiful mountains! Thanks for visiting my little blog!

Anonymous said...

Hello. What a beautiful photo. This building and the school house have been in my family for years. My great grandfather was actually the principal there back in the 40's. This little house is actually the "teacherage", which is where the teacher lived. We are all trying to raise money and get the time to go in a fix it up, hopefully soon.

Unknown said...

My husband and I just purchased the property to the west of the school. 20260 Drennan Rd. We are very interested in the history of both buildings and would entertain any information you could share. We have found a foundation near our pond that we are hoping maybe you or family could shed some light on. I am quite gifted in home renovation and volunteer to help anyway possible.

Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is willie. My grandma lived there when I was growing up. After I returned from the Marines in 1999 she passed away. Shortly after, I was offered an opportunity to live there and take care of the moving etc. I absolutely loved it. I like historical places and this was it. Not only did I have memories visiting growing up, then it became home for me for several years. Funny story, my little brother was on the telephone in that house when he was about 5 years old, and there was a storm. Lightning hit the metal roof and he got shocked. Ended up with a lightning bolt pattern on his side and went to the ER. Years and years ago, none of the manufacturered homes were there at all, and the nearest neighbor was on the top of the hill to the west. I used to sit on that porch and play guitar during the warm months. Few years later I got married and moved away. But from what I understood talking to the people that graduated there, the house was ordered from Montgomery Ward catalog and constructed in order to provide housing for the teacher. The basement of the school was used as a switch-board room when the telephone co-op came out to eastern Colorado. If I sit and think, I could probably remember more, but that was some 20+ years ago. I enjoyed living there. I had just been to Iraq and Kosovo before I moved there, and it was peaceful and quiet. I needed that. Lots of good memories…

Tamera said...

@willie, thanks for sharing your fond memories of this house and your grandma! How cool that she lived there, and so did you!