Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

02 May 2013

What potent blood hath modest May


Potent, indeed! Yesterday, May 1st, we woke up to this. It snowed all morning, it snowed all afternoon, it snowed all evening, and it didn't stop until around midnight.  Pat and I had errands to run regardless of the weather.  During rush hour, in an attempt to avoid bad drivers in sloppy weather, we took frontage roads instead of the interstate. These photos were captured at a very deserted Adventure Golf on Corporate Drive.  What a strange tableau these giant fiberglass creatures presented, covered in snow.

10 comments:

Jacqi Stevens said...

Heard about your May snowstorm. I suppose anything is possible, weather-wise, in the Springs!

Tamera said...

And here's your proof, Jacqui! ;^)

Mo said...

Goodness is this usual?

Red Nomad OZ said...

And I thought Australians were the only ones who appreciated giant fibreglass creatures ... but most of the time ours aren't covered with snow!

Tamera said...

Mo we get crazy weather here! The latest I've ever seen it snow is June, seriously. It's not unusual to get snow in May. But that doesn't stop us complaining about it ;^)

Red Nomad your comment made me laugh!

Janet said...

Even the fiberglass animals are tired of snow! Come on, warm weather!

LOLfromPasa said...

My gosh! What a surprise to see snow. Hope the flowers survive.

Tamera said...

LOLfromPasa, we don't usually plant our gardens here until later in May. Anyone who's lived here long enough can give you sad gardening stories of trying to plant sooner ;^)

Randy said...

Missed us completely.

MJ said...

A snow-covered elephant? Now there's a traffic-stopper!