Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

03 July 2013

Energetic advertising


I don't get this. You see guys like this on street corners everywhere, holding big signs and dancing like fools to get attention.  This particular fellow was on the corner of Powers and North Carefree or thereabouts, and the sign he's holding is advertising a gold and silver broker (I think).  I'm not sure that this is the best way to spend your advertising budget, not to mention it was about a thousand degrees outside when I took this picture through the windshield of my comfortably air-conditioned car, so that guy must have been roasting hot (although I have to admit that he also looked like he was having fun -- he must have had some good dance music on is iPod).  I don't know, maybe it works?  When you see a dude dancing on a corner and holding a big sign, does it compel you to go to his employer's place of business and buy something?

3 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Probably not!

Randy said...

It doesn't work for me. We are seeing more and more lately.

Pierre BOYER said...

I crossed a ot of men like this one during my trips in Florida...
It's a very hard job under very warm sun !
Best regards from Paris,

Pierre