Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

05 December 2013

Things are getting chilly


Chilly?  How about downright frigid! Yesterday never got above about 10 degrees (that's -12° Celsius), brrrrr! This image of a snowy street was captured by my friend Susan, who very smartly did not step outside her house to take it. No sir, don't go out there unless you have to! Today's high is predicted to be even colder; we'll be lucky to see 6°. (Never mind that on Monday and Tuesday, it was a balmy 60°.)  Crazy Colorado weather!  As I type this, it's only 2°. I guess winter is truly upon us!

6 comments:

LOLfromPasa said...

Yes, it certainly looks like it. Your image looks lovely to me just the same. Stay warm.

Michael (Light-In-A-Box) said...

Good morning!
Minus -12c, hmmmm that's not so bad, we're at -20c this morning. Our roads have turned into glaciers & our poor furnaces are working overtime. Rumour has it we will be back to -02c by Monday, phew! Nice photo, stay warm.
: )

JL LEAL said...

Wow -12c Que frio!!!!

I like this picture!

William Kendall said...

We're around the freezing mark right now (I can never understand why the Fahrenheit system endures), but it'll probably go back down in the next few days before the real cold sets in.

Tamera said...

Michael it's going to be cold like this until about Monday. I call this Wisconsin Cold! Usually we get breaks of extremely pleasant weather during the winter, which is nice. My friends in Calgary tell me how cold it is there in the winter. I flew through there once in October and could feel the frigidity through the glass of the airport windows! You have to be tough to endure those Canadian winters!

Randy said...

Looks like what my neighborhood looked like this morning.