Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

03 January 2014

Skywatch Friday


How about a gorgeous sunset over the Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak for my first Skywatch Friday of 2014? I took this photo on New Years Eve from the overlook on Mesa Road, and had to wait an appreciable amount of time for the sunset to develop. You never know if you're going to get a good sunset around here -- oftentimes it's a dud, but when it's good, it's FANTASTIC. My wait was rewarded by this gorgeous, glowing sky. I took quite a few pictures until I was satisfied, including several panning across the entire view, which I later put together in Photoshop to make the gorgeous pano you see below (click on it for a closer view).

For more Skywatch Friday photos from bloggers across the globe, click HERE.



9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Wow, gorgeous scenery and a lovely sky! Great capture! Have a happy weekend!

Lea said...

Beautiful!
Have a wonderful week-end!
Lea

Massimo said...

really nice !

Happy New Year from Italy Colorado !

sunshine said...

Spectacular photos and a great place.

Leovi said...

Stunning and beautiful sky, nice photo !

Randy said...

Beautiful and coloful.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Love that pano shot... really beautiful!

TheChieftess said...

Looks so much like our Eastern Sierras!!!

Laura said...

oh how beautiful!