Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

06 February 2014

Mary the Red


It's been cold. Really, really cold. If you don't believe me, look at the photo composite below of my car's thermometer -- that was at 2:00PM, the middle of the afternoon! As I type this at 1:30AM, it's -11° F outside (-24° C). Yikes. I stopped by Starbucks for a hot coffee yesterday afternoon, and this cute girl's bright red hair caught my eye. She told me her name was Mary. It's not easy to keep up this shade of red, I've done it and it required a lot of maintenance. I love how she boldly wears a crimson sweater to match her hair. Mary and her fiery hair made a frigid day seem not quite so chilly.

8 comments:

Pat said...

She's very cute, and you see a lot of that color of red here. If you want, go to my blog and type 'red' or 'red hair' in my blog's search box and have a treat!

And yikes, that's cold!!

Massimo said...

really cold brrrrrrrrrr
here plenty of rain .... and 4 meter of snow in our Mountains in some areas... winter this year is crazy

nice red hair...

Tamera said...

I did, Bibi, and you're right -- lots of red hair on your blog! I did my hair blue once, too, and it had slightly better staying power than the red, but it was still a lot of upkeep.

William Kendall said...

An excellent portrait of Mary, Tamera.

Linda said...

Love the portrait! Shows your expertise in fashion photography.
Sorry to hear that it's been so awfully cold!

Randy said...

Great hair color.

Tamera said...

Thanks guys! :^)

JL Leal said...

Excellent portrait