Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

25 February 2014

One mile above sea level


The capital of Colorado, Denver, is affectionately known as the Mile High City. This is the spot on the west façade of the Colorado State Capitol building that marks the exact elevation: 5,280 feet above sea level. As you can probably imagine, it's a popular spot to get your picture taken. And finally, after 35 years of living here, I can say that I've had my picture taken there too :^) (By the way, I can't take credit for this fine photo -- Pat took it. His version was WAY better than mine!)

6 comments:

Mo said...

An interesting measure

William Kendall said...

Yes, I can imagine that sort of marker will draw a fair number of photographers. Good capture by Pat!

JL Leal said...

Nice detail! I like it

Randy said...

Nice shot Pat!

Pat said...

Wow...a mile... One of the other bloggers whose posts I check posted a photo of part of Death Valley which is the most below sea level.

Tamera said...

Bibi, I'd love to see that! Death Valley is on my list of places to visit. Colorado Springs is actually at a higher altitude than Denver. You need to come and breathe the non-oxygen. Ha ha!