Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

07 March 2014

Water


Yesterday I found myself in Manitou Springs on business. While driving, I accidentally missed my turn and ended up on "the strip", where most of the shops, bars and restaurants are located. Since I was already so far off course, I decided to go up the road a little farther, to the spot where you can pull over your car and appreciate Fountain Creek. This charming, unassuming little creek turned into a monster and twice laid waste to Manitou last summer. (You may remember my blog posts about it, but if not, click HERE and HERE to see a couple of them.)

Yesterday's water flow was a little heavy but certainly not the fearsome wall of destruction we experienced last year. It made the most benign, lovely sound as it rushed over the rocks. I used a very slow shutter speed (1/2 of a second) to capture the photo above, in order to blur the water completely. Below is a GIF showing three different shutter speeds (it may take a moment to load, so be patient). Which version do you like best?



Water

The water understands
Civilization well;
It wets my foot, but prettily,
It chills my life, but wittily,
It is not disconcerted,
It is not broken-hearted:
Well used, it decketh joy,
Adorneth, doubleth joy:
Ill used, it will destroy,
In perfect time and measure
With a face of golden pleasure
Elegantly destroy.


Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful, Tamera!

I like both versions, actually.

Randy said...

I love the sound of rushing water.