Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

06 April 2014

Untitled


I was on the west side on Friday to make a couple of purchases for my business, and I snapped this photo as I walked back to my car. I love how almost all of the original buildings in Old Colorado City are still standing, unlike our downtown, which went through an unfortunate "improvement" phase during the 1970s that saw many historic buildings razed and replaced with generic boxes. If I were to show you a picture of this city block from 100 years ago, it would look almost identical to what you see here.

6 comments:

Revrunner said...

Let's see, in 1914 would there have been paved streets? And how about traffic lights?

Pat said...

I love to see photos like this. Did you ever read Time and Again by Jack Finney?

Tamera said...

Well obviously the streets weren't paved then and traffic lights wouldn't have been there, but the buildings are all the same, Revrunner.

I have never read Time and Again, Bibi, I'll have to look that one up!

Lois said...

I love the old buildings Tamera! Fortunately many of the ones here in our downtown are still standing.

Randy said...

The building made for a nice b&w shot.

William Kendall said...

Modern details notwithstanding, it does look quite drawn out of the past. Terrific shot, Tamera!