Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

06 July 2014

A little Broadmoor love, or... love at the Broadmoor


On Thursday I had the happy job of documenting a marriage proposal at the Broadmoor, bended knee and all! It was a joyful assignment and I was, as always, happy to shoot at the Broadmoor because it's lovely there. There are no bad angles at the Broadmoor! The above photo is looking across the lake toward the west building; it was actually just a lighting test but I liked how the camera focused on the tree branches in the foreground, so I decided to keep it for today's blog post. By contrast, below is an image taken exactly one hour and nine minutes earlier -- you're looking at the same building from a different angle, with extremely different weather! The skies were dark, the wind was whipping and rain was coming down. Thankfully, miraculously, the weather abruptly changed to sunny and calm, only minutes before my client got down on one knee to ask his sweetheart for her hand. I'm happy to report that she said yes! I will be posting images from the happy moment, plus the subsequent portrait session by the lake, on my other blog in a few days. I'll post a link here when that happens, so you can see for yourselves how happy they were :^)

[July 9, 2014 edit: as promised, here are the pictures on my other blog!]


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Reminds me of a visit there when we were sitting out in the sunshine and within two minutes, we had wind, hail, lightning and flying umbrella; Love Colorado.

Tamera said...

That pretty much sums it up :-P

William Kendall said...

Such a contrast... and a beautiful building!