Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

07 August 2014

The alternative to the Garden of the Gods


Our beloved Garden of the Gods was recently ranked the #1 on TripAdvisor's list of best parks to visit in the United States (and #2 in the world!), beating out even Central Park. What an honor! It is indeed a breathtaking, rugged place to visit and explore. I go to the Garden of the Gods frequently and have blogged about it here countless times. But let's say you're a local and you want to take a hike in the Garden of the Gods, but there are too many tourists? Ah, that's when you cross to the other side of Highway 24 and take in Red Rock Canyon, a beautiful open space that's a well kept local secret. Red Rock Canyon has the same fantastical, dramatic rock formations without all the traffic and tourists of the Garden of the Gods. There are hiking trails from easy to difficult, and you can also ride your horse in the park. The views are fabulous. And oh, it's quiet! I love this park and use it all the time for portraits (in fact, I took these pictures while on a portrait shoot in July of 2011), but I also just like to go there and hike or hang out. It's definitely one of my favorite places!


3 comments:

from Madrid said...

There is nothing better than a walk in a place you like.

Tomás.

William Kendall said...

It does look beautiful there.

Randy said...

Looks like a very beautiful place.