Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

03 September 2014

Vail road trip (part 1)


Over the weekend, I traveled to Vail to shoot a wedding at the Arrabelle. I decided to take the scenic route through Breckenridge on the way there and on the way home, because traffic on I-70 during a holiday weekend can be really bad -- it seems like everyone in Colorado has the same idea of getting away to the mountains! I didn't have time to stop and take any pictures on my drive up. The next day, however, I decided to take my time and enjoy the view on the way home, so I have a few pictures to share. The first two photos were taken on beautiful Hoosier Pass, just east of Breckenridge, and the bottom two images are from Fairplay.
A pano shot of the same view, four images composited together. The mountain lake that you see in the above picture is a little left of center in this one.
The Middle Fork South Platte River, just west of Fairplay. So pretty...
...but turn the other direction, and you see this quarry (or mine?). Not as pretty.

 Tomorrow I'll blog a few more pictures from Fairplay. It's a cute little town.

7 comments:

Massimo said...

really a beautiful place Tamera, well catch, you are a lucky woman!

Pat said...

Awakens my wanderlust!

Stefan Jansson said...

A great landscape.

Karl said...

A wonderful landscape, you have done well to take the scenic route!

Birdman said...

The scenic side is the way to travel, if you can budget in that 'ol man time.

William Kendall said...

Those mountains are spectacular...the quarry, not so much.

Randy said...

Beautiful area. I like the tall pines.