Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

30 October 2014

Evergreen, Colorado


I have a wedding to shoot in Evergreen in a couple of weeks, and since I've never been there (only driven past it on the way to somewhere else), Pat and I decided to go and check it out yesterday. Evergreen, with only about 9,000 residents, is about 30 miles west of Denver. Very pretty place! Alas, I think Evergreen's main claim to fame, at least in my memory, is that it was the home of John Hinckley, Jr., the man who shot President Reagan in 1981 to get actress Jodie Foster's attention. It has a lot more to recommend it than that regrettable incident, however. Just spending an afternoon there, we could see that it's a really nice place to live.

We spent most of our time in Evergreen investigating the various locations where the wedding and reception are going to take place, and as we were scoping out Evergreen Lake, I got a shot of this fly-fisherman mid-cast. It was a great day for fishing. I hope he caught a big one!

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Quite a pretty setting. Not the claim to fame that you'd like...

Stefan Jansson said...

Nice setting fore some fly-fishing. I remember that day when Reagan got shot.

Randy said...

Nice looking cabin in the background.