Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

25 January 2015

Sunday Style!


I took this picture a couple of months ago while walking downtown with Pat. I was drawn to the text on the cuff of the shirt, so Pat patiently waited (as always!) while I grabbed a few shots. Yesterday I finally googled the words and found out that it was a quote from John Lennon, from an interview with Rolling Stone Magazine in 1971. This shirt was in the window of a cool store called Rutledge's, on the corner of Tejon and Kiowa. Rutledge's is strictly menswear. It is, essentially, a modern-day, old fashioned men's clothier. They have some amazing stuff in there! I've always been of the opinion that we women have much more choice when it comes to dressing ourselves; men are stuck with basic trousers, basic shirts, and basic shoes. The only way an average guy can really express himself sartorially, it seems, is with crazy socks and ties! (I always said that if I was a guy I'd have a thousand ties and a thousand pairs of socks.) And it's true -- visit the men's area of any department store and you'll find a predictable array of nice, average shirts in a limited range of very safe colors, an array of nice, average trousers in an even more limited range of very safe colors, and maybe three different styles of overcoats, all in grey, navy or black. Oh but at Rutledge's, you can find so much more! This is the place to go if you're a guy yearning to break away from a world full of Dockers and polos. This shirt with the random John Lennon quote hidden inside the cuff is just the tip of the sartorial iceberg at Rutledge's. They even make custom tailored suits there. It's the kind of shop that every big city should have, and I'm so glad we have one here in our downtown.

5 comments:

from Madrid said...

The detail is original, of course. Messages are where you least think.

Tomás.

Gunn said...

What a nice and unique style find!
I enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

I love the shirt! And as to the socks, one can't find more than the basic 4 or 5 colors.

William Kendall said...

Unusual text. I must say I'm quite content with the basic wardrobe- I'm a jeans and black t-shirt sort, but I don't mind peculiar ties or odd socks.

Randy said...

Very cool.