Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

23 July 2016

Wooly Works Knit Shop


I've mentioned Wooly Works (9 East Bijou) on the blog before, but I've never actually shopped there or even been inside, so the other day I took a minute to check it out. So much wonderful yarn goodness lies within! If you are a knitting nerd like I am, this place is your Shangri La. It's stocked from floor to ceiling with all the lovely yarn that you can't find at the usual places like Michael's or Hobby Lobby. Some of the yarn even comes from the owner's alpaca herd. Talk about locally sourced! There's also a textile room for those hobbyists who like to go the extra mile and spin their own yarn. The service is really friendly, as you'd expect in a small, homey shop like this, and yes, they do have knitting and crocheting classes. My friends sometimes ask me to teach them how to knit and it never ends well -- I'm self-taught and I probably am not even doing it right to begin with! I'm just going to start directing people to Wooly Works when they want to learn to knit. It's a great little shop!
This absolutely gorgeous skein came from the one of the owner's alpacas. His picture is on the label (cute!) and his name is Bolivar.
The textile room is tiny but crammed with all the inspiration you need to spin your own yarn.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

So much colour. One of my aunts in particular was crazy about knitting.