Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

14 September 2016

Positive signs and a grim reminder


Earlier this month I had an errand that took me to Mountain Shadows, the part of town that was devastated by the Waldo Canyon Fire four summers ago. Three hundred and forty-six homes were destroyed. Two of my friends lost their houses in the blaze, and another friend, Connie, very nearly lost hers as well. This photo was taken from directly behind her house. As you can see, the underbrush is returning, which is truly a welcome sight to see. But there are still no trees. Only charred skeletons of them remain, and it will likely be a century or more before the forest returns.

2 comments:

from Madrid said...

It is reliving the forest.

Tomás.

William Kendall said...

Nature does recover, with time.