Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

20 September 2016

Queen Palmer Elementary School


Queen Palmer Elementary, built in 1948, is located in the Knob Hill neighborhood. It's one of our oldest elementary schools still in operation. I used to volunteer there to shoot Christmas pictures of kiddos with Santa every year. By the way, the name comes from Mary Lincoln Mellen Palmer, affectionately known as Queen, our city founder's beloved wife. Queen Palmer Elementary reminds me so much of an old school I attended in Ohio in the third grade. Very much the same vintage. These old schools all have the same smell of books and pencils, and the gymnasium and the lunchroom and learning and recess. Quite evocative, that smell.

3 comments:

from Madrid said...

Seeing the old schools produced a vision of our former life.

Tomás.

Bill said...

My old school is now a home for the elderly. I would love to walk through it just for the memories.

William Kendall said...

The brick work also reminds me of my first school.