Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

23 September 2017

Nancy Lewis Park


A client and regular reader of this blog, Katie, recently turned me on to this great park! Years ago it was a turf farm, and at some point in the last couple of decades, a developer built some assisted living townhomes and apartments on the land, leaving plenty of space for this nice park. Ironically this is all quite close to my studio, but I never bothered to check it out until Katie described it to me and showed me a picture. It's so nice! There's even a meditation garden. What a lovely spot! Thank you so much for inspiring me to finally explore it, Katie!






4 comments:

Miss G said...

They have also recently redone the playground. My son and I stopped by the other day and I really appreciate a lot of the playground features that are now there! I also like that tiny picnic pavillion at the park. It truly is a gem! Kelly

Anonymous said...

I visit my mother about twice a year (she lives in the adjoining independent living development) and to be honest I never quite liked the park for the first 5-6 years she lived there. I am not quite sure why. However, this summer I really got into it and found it very peaceful! My mother is a birder and at certain times of year you see an unusual type of duck there - the wigeon. I think they are there in the winter and migrate north in the warmer months. Katie

Anonymous said...

The playground is great with an interesting soft spongy material beneath the swings, monkey bars etc. Katie

Linda said...

Lovely pictures. The water features are particularly pretty!