Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

24 November 2017

Skywatch Friday


Some interesting branding on the roof of Bambino's Urban Pizzeria, a favorite restaurant of ours located on Tejon and Bijou. "The Bambino" was one of Babe Ruth's nicknames. In 1932, Ruth famously came to the plate and pointed to the bleachers beyond center field, indicating that he intended to send a home run there, then proceeded to send the ball sailing an estimated 500 feet in the direction where he had pointed. Or so the legend goes, at least. "Bambino" is also the Italian word for child. I guess this mural ties together the Babe Ruth story and the Italian translation. I'm not 100% in love with it (on closer inspection, the child's face is a little creepy -- or maybe I'm just misunderstanding it all completely and it's not even a child at all), but I do think it's cheerful in a way and it adds character to the building.

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving! For more Skywatch Friday pictures from bloggers all over the world, click HERE. Have a great weekend and don't forget that tomorrow is Small Business Saturday!

4 comments:

Photos by Stan said...

Creepy is an apt description. The kid appears to be reenacting the Bambino's gesture to center field. Hope the pizza is as good as the story.

William Kendall said...

Yes, a bit creepy!

betty-NZ said...

It certainly got your attention! Great image.

Haney said...

That is Hamilton "Ham" Porter from the movie SANDLOT. That movie is a classic. Set in 1962, Ham was the catcher for the neighborhood sandlot baseball team and Babe Ruth's biggest fan. James Earl Jones was also in this movie.