Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

03 May 2018

A tantalizing mystery


Local favorite ice cream shop Michelle's closed down quite suddenly in 2007. It was an institution that reigned for decades; anyone who grew up in Colorado Springs has fond memories of the place. (I sure do!) To this day it sits empty, its iconic sign untouched, in the heart of our otherwise bustling downtown. At one point there was talk of it reopening, but nothing has come of that rumor. But the other day I was downtown and I saw this sign taped to their door. What does it mean? Is Michelle's reopening? Is another business finally going to open in its space? I wish I knew more!

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

There's a shop here, an antique shop, that only opens by appointment, which I find a bit peculiar.