Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

20 July 2018

Buena Vista


Buena Vista is a little mountain town about eight miles from the hot springs and more like 100 miles from Colorado Springs. It's cute! I haven't visited Buena Vista in quite a while, and to be honest I've never really explored it, so on my way home from the hot springs (see previous posts) I stopped there for breakfast and a quick tour. I discovered the Heritage Museum, clearly the former courthouse and dated 1888, near the old town square.

By the way, though logic tells you the proper Spanish pronunciation in the town's name is bWAYnah, Coloradoans say it bYOOnah. Don't ask me why, that's just how we say it. To be perfectly honest, as a Spanish speaker it makes me cringe to say bYOOnah, but over the years I've finally become fully indoctrinated. 😉

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

A good use for the former courthouse! The mammoth outside is a welcome sight too- our nature museum has a family of three of them outside.

Anonymous said...

We’ll have to check out the model train exhibit when we come to Colorado in a few weeks. Partha is a fan if model trains. Isn’t that pronunciation of Buena Vista a cousin of Puuueblo for Pueblo? Katie (Maryland!

Tamera said...

That's pYEBlo to you, Katie ;) Have fun at the model train museum!