Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

14 August 2018

Victor (Part 1)


I got a little off track the last couple of posts, so please allow me to steer you back to our drive on Phantom Canyon Road last month. After enjoying some truly beautiful scenery for many miles, we eventually ended up in historic Victor, an old gold mining town. Victor is still inhabited (population about 400 +/-)  and it still has mines, both old and modern. The economy there is supported by the Cripple Creek and Victor Mine, gambling in nearby Cripple Creek, and tourism. It's really a lovely little mountain town that has retained its old frontier look and feel, and its setting is incredibly beautiful. I took lots of pictures, which I'll spread out over the next several posts.
Some of the buildings in Victor are restored, and others, like this one, are a work in progress.
A cute bus stop for the Gold Camp Connector, the shuttle service that runs between Victor and Cripple Creek. This is a cheap or even free transportation option for local residents. What an excellent amenity!
More on Victor tomorrow!

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Thus far it looks like a lovely little town.