Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

15 December 2008

The Broadmoor at Christmastime


The Broadmoor is a gorgeous belle epoque resort and hotel in Colorado Springs, rated five stars. It's probably one of the most beautiful structures in our city (if not the entire state) and always spoken of with a little bit of awe and reverence, mostly because it's bloody expensive! You can spend up to $2000 for a night at the Broadmoor. Even their most standard, mundane rooms are extremely luxurious. I love shooting weddings there -- you can't get a bad picture at the Broadmoor. And the food is awesome!

The neighborhood surrounding the hotel is also called the Broadmoor. If you say, "I live in the Broadmoor," it doesn't mean you live in the hotel itself, but it does mean that you live in a pretty darn nice house! And when I say house, I mean mansion. It's fun for us middle class folk to drive around the neighborhood and look at all the magnificent homes and maybe daydream a little! Especially at Christmas, when many of them are so beautifully decorated.

Here's a photo of the Broadmoor Hotel taken Saturday night (I celebrated my birthday at the Golden Bee, one of the Broadmoor's many watering holes). They really do it up and make a big deal out of the holidays. I just love to go there at any opportunity during Christmastime. It's nice to see the old girl all gussied up.

3 comments:

Hilda said...

Pretty! But $2000 a night? Eek! I'll join you in the daydreaming! :D

Jennerator said...

I've actually skiied there, too! They closed the ski slope many years ago, but the Broadmoor really is special.

San Diego Farmgirl said...

Wow, I love this photo! My eye is drawn toward the center, the blue bell tower, the shadow of the bow decoration ... but then I saw the porter to the right, waiting to park your car or give directions. This pic would make a cool holiday jigsaw puzzle!