Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

14 January 2009

Humpty Dumpty sat on a retaining wall


Here's one of my favorite downtown denizens, Humpty Dumpty! He has parked himself in many different locations downtown, and currently he resides in front of the Pikes Peak Center. He's a popular guy -- in fact, at one point a couple of years ago he was stolen right off the street! Probably by some drunken sot. Drunken but determined, because you'd really have to want Humpty Dumpty to steal him, he's bolted down and he must weigh a ton!

I'm not sure if this is a replacement Humpty or if the original was returned by the drunken, determined sot, but I'm glad he's back. This and many other pieces of public art are a part of the Art on the Street program (http://www.artonthestreets.com/), which is currently taking entries for 2009. So if you have an interesting sculpture that you'd like to submit for the pleasure of Colorado Springs residents, you have until February 25th -- hurry up!

4 comments:

Kerri said...

How fun to have Humpty Dumpty wandering about town!

Hilda said...

Hee hee, fun! He looks like a chocolate egg though. Yummm… ;D

Lois said...

I like him. I bet he cheers a lot of people up when they walk by!

Lisa Wilson said...

That's too cute!