Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

11 February 2009

Holy Theophany Orthodox Church


In the interests of full disclosure, I am going to admit right up front that I missed a day! Somehow I got the dates all jumbled up in my head and I forgot to do a blog post for yesterday, February 11th. I'm actually more than a little cross with myself for this oversight. I've made a commitment to blog a photo every single day, and somehow I screwed up. I even took photos of this fantastic church in time for the blog post, but I didn't sit down and post it on Wednesday because I thought I already had the 11th covered. So for the sake of continuity I'm going to backdate this post to yesterday. And I apologize for the mistake! (Technically I only missed it by about an hour and-a-half, but still.)

Anyway, I've been intrigued by this church for a while now. Its full name is Saints Constantine and Helen Holy Theophany Orthodox Church, and basically it seems to cover the realm of religious Orthodoxy needs for Colorado Springs. It was built about five or six years ago and I've always been curious about it, considering its unique architectural style. Given the architecture I understood that it was an Orthodox church, but that's all I knew. So I looked up their website (http://www.theophany.org/index.htm). It turns out that they have a very small congregation, only about 100 people, but they are very proud of their church! I would be too -- I mean look at it, it's so unique and gorgeous! I can tell you for a fact that it's the only building of its kind in Colorado Springs, that's for sure! I would give my eyeteeth to shoot a wedding in there, I bet it's even more gorgeous inside.

2 comments:

Lois said...

That is a beautiful church! I would have thought it was older than 5 or 6 years though. It seems to have an old world look to it. I would love to see the inside, especially under that dome.

Anonymous said...

You want to see inside - so go! They're not likely to try to convert you on the spot :-)

And the inside will be as beautiful, if not more, than the outside. It is not for no reason that the envoys of Vladimir (the Rus King) reported back "We no longer knew whether we were in heaven or on earth."

Peter