Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

11 May 2009

Abandoned Chevy truck


I noticed this truck a couple of weeks ago, in a spare lot behind a building on the west side. To me it looked like an awesome prop for some future shoot (perhaps senior portraits?), but it also looked like a great subject on its own. I was intrigued, so Pat and I investigated it a few days later. It's weird. There's a big office building, and behind it another, smaller office building. Beyond its parking lot is this weedy spare lot, which apparently at one time held a baseball diamond and a small playground of sorts. Then beyond that are some posh, well maintained townhomes.

Who would park a truck in a baseball diamond and just leave it there? It would seem so easy just to have someone come and tow it away to the junkyard. The name of a plumbing company was painted on the side in faded letters, so I guess there's your culprit. The battery was sitting on the ground in front of it (for shame!). As we investigated, we found all kinds of weird flotsam in the weeds, including a decrepit jock strap (!), a wooden spoon, some odd plastic things that looked like they had a plumbing sort of purpose, and an old shoe.

You can find the strangest things if you just look down as you're walking.

2 comments:

Lowell said...

That's quite funny. So much junk in one place. Great shot!

San Diego Farmgirl said...

Looks like it's been painted a few times, too!