Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

01 May 2009

May theme day: shadows


It's the first of the month and you know what that means -- theme day for City Daily Photo bloggers! This month's theme is shadows. I thought about it for a few days, then decided that a sundial would be a great subject. There's a sundial on the south side of the former Van Briggle Pottery building in Monument Valley Park near the Colorado College, so Pat and I ventured there yesterday to photograph it at around 4:30 or 5:00pm. (More about Van Briggle in another post.)

The shadow wasn't as dramatic as I'd hoped it would be, but still you can see where it tells time very accurately! According to the shadow I took this photo at 4:45pm.

To see more theme day photos from City Daily Photo bloggers around the world,
click here to view thumbnails for all participants . Happy May Day everyone!

[ETA -- Some of the CDP bloggers seem to have confused shadows with silhouettes or even reflections, but even so the pictures are cool, so check them out! One clever blogger in Sydney, Australia even took a photo of someone's five o'clock shadow!]

3 comments:

Lois said...

That's a beautiful sundial! You and I had the same idea, only I took my photo at noon. I actually thought more people would post sundials, but I have only seen one other one besides yours and mine!

Lisa Wilson said...

Very cool!! Lois at Tallahassee Daily Photo used a sundial for her theme day, too.

Clytie said...

I visited Van Briggle Pottery several times when we lived in CS, but I don't remember this! Beautiful.