Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

04 June 2009

A little outnumbered


I caught a snap of this little Smart Car yesterday afternoon as I was leaving the library. You might notice he's outnumbered by the three large SUVs around him. Sigh. That's the way it is in Colorado Springs. People feel like they just cannot survive here without four wheel drive gas guzzlers, when in fact we don't get nearly as much snow as, say, Ohio, and it's so sunny that the snow generally melts away the day after a storm. But noooo, if you don't have 4WD you're going to DIE! In fact I think the opposite is true: I can't tell you how many SUVs I've seen wiping out on the roads during snowy/icy weather. It happens all the time.

I have lived in Colorado Springs for 30 years this month, and in that time I've owned nine vehicles. None of them were four wheel drive. I assure you that a regular car works just fine.

1 comment:

San Diego Farmgirl said...

LOL! So true! You should see how many SUVs there are in SoCal. Now THAT's ridiculous, driving a gas guzzler to work and yoga class. And yet they slap World Wildlife Fund bumperstickers on the back!