Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

28 July 2009

Happy 250th birthday Mozart!


Actually, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart celebrated his landmark birthday in January of 2006, but since I wasn't blogging then I'll blog it now ;o) This fabulous mural resides on the east side of the In-Sight Optical building on Pikes Peak Avenue, adjacent to Phantom Canyon Brewery. It was one of many works of art commissioned across the US in 2006 celebrating the great composer's 250th birthday. As you can see, some yahoo tried to graffiti a "thought bubble" by Mozart's mouth, but must not have gotten very far with his act of vandalism because the thought bubble is empty!

In the past couple of years the mural has become a very recognizable feature of our downtown. Photographers love it, even though it's tough getting a good angle on it because it faces a parking lot that's usually packed with cars. I have to admit I've used it as a backdrop for quite a few shoots! I think the reason I'm so attracted to it (other than the fact that I love Mozart) is that red is my favorite color. What's your favorite color?

1 comment:

Lois said...

It's very nice. I like the red! Mozart is a favorite of mine.