Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

30 July 2010

The Manitou Indian


Did you ever wonder why so many Colorado cities have the word springs in their name? There's Colorado Springs, Manitou Springs, Pagosa Springs... it's because of the water! Manitou Springs once had a thriving economy based on the natural mineral springs that the Indians considered sacred. This sculpture of an Indian sits outside the building on the west end of town that was once a bottling plant for Manitou Water. I see the flow of water has ceased flowing from the vessel in his hands, and the building is long-abandoned. But Manitou has a wealth of active little fountains scattered here and there, so if you want to sample its famous water all you have to do is take a little stroll around its picturesque downtown.

1 comment:

Clytie said...

I remember drinking from one of the fountains in Manitou Springs. It had, as I recall, uh, an interesting flavor. We also nearly got a parking ticket because we were 15 minutes late to move our car, and they had chalked the tires.