Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

11 March 2011

Sinton Pond


This homely little pond sits on Garden of the Gods road, east of the interstate and west of Nevada Avenue. I've never paid much attention to it. I'm sure it's manmade, and it's a pity they didn't try to beautify it in any way. I suppose it must serve some sort of drainage or reservoir function, because if it's meant for recreation, it sure missed the mark! Occasionally I notice people fishing there, but I can't imagine there's anything in Sinton Pond worth catching. There is a trail that passes by it; perhaps Pat and I will take a walk there soon and see if there's anything worth photographing for the blog.

I'm challenged by the sad looks of this pond. I'm going to use it as a location for a portrait or fashion shoot, and see if I can't make it look pretty, or at least interesting!

April 26, 2013 update: Per a comment I received on the blog today (see below), this little body of water is actually called Pikeview Reservoir, not Sinton Pond.  Actually, I had received a comment last July advising me that I had misidentified it, but that comment was so aggressively worded that I decided not to publish it. (Hey it's my blog, I can do what I want! Especially if you're not being nice. Ha.) Also, it didn't mention the correct name of this pond, so in addition to being snippy, it wasn't even helpful. But thanks to whoever made today's polite and informative comment, I am more enlightened! I'll make it a point to visit the real Sinton Pond this summer and take a picture of it for the blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pond you have labeled as sinton pond is actually called pikeview reservior...just an FYI....

Tamera said...

Thank you for the info! See my update to the blog post.