Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

23 August 2012

Four and twenty blackbirds


Arriving home from work yesterday around dinnertime, I stepped out of my car and heard a ruckus coming from across the street. The crown of our neighbor's tree was covered in blackbirds, dozens upon dozens of them, all chirping up a storm and creating quite a symphony. It was cheerful in a way, but at the same time it was creepy to see all those birds massing in one tree at twilight. Then I realized they were also massing in the giant elm in our backyard, only those birds were silent -- even creepier! Very Hitchcockian. I grabbed my camera and managed to get a good shot of the birds circling around our neighbor's tree.  Shortly afterward the whole lot of them abruptly took off in one giant chirping mass. Amazing!

2 comments:

Lois said...

Nice shot Tamera! I'll get a huge flock of blackbirds in my yard every once in awhile and it creeps me out too.

Randy said...

Too funny. That happens a lot here in the Springtime.