Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

21 August 2012

The Air Force Academy planetarium


I was at the Air Force Academy over the weekend to shoot a wedding at the Cadet Chapel. Spitting distance from the chapel is the planetarium. I haven't been in there since I was in high school, years ago. It was one of the must-see things on your tour of Colorado Springs, of course, so whenever we had visitors my parents would shuttle us to the Academy and we'd visit the Cadet Chapel and then sit in the dark of the planetarium and watch the show.

Alas, I've just learned that the planetarium has been closed to the public since 2003. I don't know if it's even in use at all these days. Too bad! I was just thinking it'd be neat to pop in there and see the show, but I guess that won't be happening after all :^(

[P.S.  The next time I'm there I'll try and get a picture of it with a blue sky -- I promise it's much more striking that way.]

2 comments:

Randy said...

That would be fun to visit.

Lois said...

Too bad it's closed. I love planetariums. We even have one here in Tallahassee. I got to visit the Adler Planetarium in Chicago last December and it was fascinating!