Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

20 August 2013

Pikes Peak Hill Climb Fanfest 2013 (Part 1)


Every summer there's a motor car race up to the top of Pikes Peak. I personally believe this is insane (have you seen that road?!?), but it's a hugely popular event and one of the oldest in racing history. The first ever Hill Climb was in 1916!  Drivers and fans come from all over the world for the Hill Climb. It's a Big Deal.  There is always a big "fanfest" party downtown the evening before the race, and everyone's invited.  All the race cars and motorcycles are on display for all to see, and the drivers are there too if you want to meet them; there's food, drink, entertainment, and an all around good time to be had.  This year's fanfest was on June 28th. I took a few pictures and completely forgot to blog them! (With THIS exception.) So they've been sitting on my hard drive for almost two months -- sorry!  Here's a picture I took as soon as we got out of our car and began walking toward the festivities.  It's a really cool building that once housed Gentry's Flowers. Now it's a cigar shop.  I had a fisheye lens with me, and I think it was a particularly good lens choice for this building.

I'll post more fanfest photos tomorrow and Thursday. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Randy said...

Sounds fun to watch and I mean watch. Brave souls.